Retail Economics has released the UK Retail Sector Analysis for 2015/2016 and provides sector-specific data which also includes retail sector forecasts and commentary.
The forecast shows:
- A strong recovery in the economy, the labour market, house prices and consumer confidence supported retail spending in 2013.
- Retail sales expenditure reached £321bn in 2013 driven by a strong performance in online sales.
- While real disposable incomes remain under pressure, higher levels of confidence have meant households have been willing to dip into savings to support spending.
- Clothing and Footwear and Homewares have performed well through out 2014.
- A recovery in the housing market has supported growth in Homewares.
The full Retail Sector Analysis report provides comprehensive summary of all sectors including historic and forecast data for:
- Food and Grocery
- Clothing and Footwear
- DIY and Gardening
- Consumer Electricals
- Furniture and Flooring
- Health and Beauty
- Other Non-Food
Download the full report here.