Leasing round-up: Atria Watford welcomes Foot Locker and Puttshack alongside host of new brands
- Centre also welcomes Christmas pop-ups for festive period
- Other new leisure providers also join – including Boom Battle Bar and a new roller blading rink
SGS, the property company that owns Atria Watford, one of the UK’s most popular retail and leisure destinations, is pleased to announce a string of leasing deals. Brands joining include Foot Locker. Puttshack and Ann Summers, amongst others.
Please see a full summary of leasing activity below:
- Foot Locker, the leading global sneaker and streetwear retailer, has taken on a 5,196 sq ft space, offering products from household names such as Nike, Adidas, Puma, New Balance and Vans
- Iconic lingerie brand Ann Summers, meanwhile, has taken on 2,888 sq ft
- The centre will also welcome The Christmas Shop, a pop-up open over the holiday period, covering 6,775 sq ft. It first opened its doors on 15 November and will run until 30 December this year
- Atria Watford is also pleased to welcome Love Local, a shop supporting small local makers, businesses and entrepreneurs. Products sold include handmade jewellery, baby clothing and candles. The unit, which covers 1,897 sq ft, was opened on 5 October by Peter Taylor, Mayor of Watford, and will remain in place until March 2022 as a temporary offer. It currently supports 70 local businesses
- In addition, toy retailer, Toy Galaxy, recently took on a 1,897 sq ft space, selling children’s games and other products This will be another temporary offer, open for five months, until April 2022.
Leisure and F&B
- High-tech mini-golf experience and bar, Puttshack opens a new branch at Atria Watford this month. The operator has taken on a 24,648 sq ft unit
- The UK’s first and only battle bar, Boom Battle Bar, meanwhile, will also be opening at the centre, offering a host of epic experiences, such as Axe Throwing, AR Darts, Shuffleboard and Beer Pong, as well as BOOM bites and cocktails. The new bar will cover 6,574 sq.ft
- Chi, an Asian street food restaurant is also set to re-open its doors at Watford Atria, offering dine-in and take-away. The outlet will occupy a 895 sq ft space
- The centre also welcomes a new roller blading rink for visitors to enjoy. This opened on 2 December and remain in place until the end of the month
Steve Gray, Head of European Retail Asset Management at Global Mutual, comments:
“These signings are a great way to round off the year for Atria Watford, adding further variety to our high-quality offering and setting a highly positive tone for 2022.
“They reflect confidence across the market, as well as the continued value placed on physical retail, combined with a compelling leisure offer, by brands.
“The run up to the holidays is always a busy period, making it the perfect time to welcome some exciting new names.”